A street-legal golf cart is not only an economical way to move around your local area, but it makes even mundane tasks like running errands more enjoyable. If you live in an area that has speed limits of 35 miles per hour or less, a street-legal golf cart can get you where you need to go and you’ll smile more and be more relaxed when you get there!
What is a Street Legal Golf Cart?
States, counties, and municipalities can make specific laws for their areas of jurisdiction, but in general, in order to be considered street legal, a golf cart must have a top speed of 25 miles per hour, and have the following equipment:
- Lights – A street legal vehicle must have headlights, tail lights, brake lights, turn signals, and reflectors on the front, rear, and sides.
- Seatbelts – Most regions require 3-point safety belts on a street-legal vehicle.
- Mirrors – One internal mirror and at least one (many states require two) side mirrors on the exterior of the vehicle.
- Windshield – A windshield made of approved material is required on any street-legal vehicle.
- Vehicle Identification Number – Since a VIN is required to register a vehicle, and all street-legal vehicles must be registered, your street-legal golf cart will require a VIN.
That’s Great, But You Mentioned Smiling More?
Have you ever noticed how pedestrians and bicyclists tend to smile and wave or say hello to each other? We don’t do that when we’re in our cars because we feel, in a way, like it’s a private space, and so we tend not to acknowledge other drivers in their “private spaces.” It’s subtle, but riding around isolated in an enclosed box generates more stress than most of us realize. Driving a golf cart gives you the best of both experiences. You get the convenience of a motor-driven vehicle without being “boxed in,” so you can enjoy the ride and the fresh air. You can smile and wave, or even say hi to pedestrians you see on your way. You can go shopping or meet friends for dinner, enjoy the ride there, fit your vehicle into parking spaces your car could only dream of, and arrive in a more relaxed frame of mind.
If you need more reasons to smile, think about how much cheaper it is to drive a golf cart that can run about 60 miles on a single charge, and that charge costs a lot less than gasoline to drive your car the same distance. Golf carts cost less to insure, too.
Get the Best Value and Support
Intermountain Golf Cars carries a premium selection of Club Car golf carts and a full range of accessories. We’ve been in business for more than 25 years, so you know that when you buy your golf cart from us, we’ll be around to support that sale, help you with any additional accessories you may need in the future, or get you back on your wheels when your street-legal golf cart needs repairs.